RC and GoPro Control

Hello,

I've been reading many discussion threads regarding GoPro control via the racechrono app but I haven't seen if this feature is possible in the Pro version. I currently use the basic racechrono so please disregard if I have misunderstood the functionality in Pro.

I have 2 questions:

1. Can RC Pro automatically start/stop recording the GoPro via wifi autamatically when a session is started?

2. Is there a function for automatically syncing the video/RC data when using EXTERNAL editing software (eg Dashware)? ie flags that are exported to csv?

From what I can gather via the forums in RC Pro the user must still start the GoPro recording then switch screens and start the session recording separately but when you stop the session the GoPro recording is automatically stopped? It would be good if all this could be linked via a "one touch" button for starting GoPro recording and session simultaneously. I think this has been asked before but I cannot see a recent answer whether this is for a future update?

Comments

• 1) In RaceChrono, you must press the big start button, and then the start button on the video preview screen. So two button press needed. Also before doing this you need to manually switch to WiFi of the camera. But touching camera is not needed, RaceChrono will even turn it on for you. When session is stopped all recording will be stopped at once and camera will be turned off.

2) It will sync videos automatically for RaceLogic Circuit Tools, but not for Dashware that has no such option (AFAIK) in .CSV

PS. I'll consider the one touch option!
  • ok thanks for the reply.

My last club sprint day I used racechrono (free version) and gopro via the wifi app for the first time. Having racechrono setup with one touch record/start session would be so much simpler in amongst getting gloves on and doing up harnesses and setting off from the pits.