Not working with ELM323 based OBD-II reader (opposed to ordinary ELM327 based)

hello

i can't data obd2

connected is good but not roading obd data

Let me know how to setting

http://blog.naver.com/ski4726/220827861491

i have output_3.obd file for blog

please help me....

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Can you copy paste the output_3.obd here? If it's long then 100 lines is enough.

Usually such problem is caused by Chinese buggy OBD-II chips that do not handle auto-detection correctly. In such cases you'll need to set the protocol from Settings > Export settings > OBD-II protocol
  • edited October 2016
    ELM323 v2.2

>OK

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?
  • Settings > Export settings > OBD-II protocol

no OBD-ll protocol ..
  • edited October 2016
    Unfortunately only ELM327 command set is supported by RaceChrono. Apparently this reader has ELM323 chip that may have different command set than the ELM327. Looks like the reader fails to recognise the initialisation commands send by RaceChrono.
  • So elm323 can not use?

work elm323 for harry's lap timer but i like racechrono..

you can make elm323 work?
  • edited October 2016
    Yes, I can probably make it work. Please give me the reader brand and model, also a link where I can purchase it.
  • this obd-ll is KOBD korea type OBD

model is FREE OBD-ll

http://cafe.naver.com/freeobd

• edited October 2016
    and this free obd ll working harry's lap timer...

Torque app working..

but racechrono not working..

halp me aol
  • Probably it will not be sold in countries other than Korea
  • edited October 2016
    OK. I'm sure any ELM 323 based reader will work the same way. The ELM323 chip is missing the AT SP command that is used by RaceChrono. I will try to make a fix for next version. Seems straightforward fix, but testing is a bit tricky if I cannot find the device.
  • thanks aol

i'm waiting

• When will the upgrade?
  • I'm currently finishing ongoing tasks and fixing bugs for the next beta version. Will take some time more to make sure it's top quality.
  • Fixed in v4.8 beta 1 released today, please test
  • do not update file
  • Well it doesn't unless you join the beta group:
    http://www.racechrono.com/forum/#/discussion/832/beta-group

Please follow the instructions carefully. When successfully joined, you'll receive the new version through the Play Store.
  • it is same... good connect but do not working..
  • edited October 2016
    ELM323 v2.2

>OK

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?

>?
  • edited October 2016
    Which version is it? I think you failed to update. Please confirm and take a screenshot from the main screen. It will say "v4.8.0 beta 1" when updated successfully to the beta. Notice you need to join the Google+ group with same Google account you're using in your phone, AND you need to press the opt-in links.
  • edited October 2016
    Thank you for the screenshots! My fix does not work then, I was sure it would work... I need to figure out why. I will create new beta once I find out the problem.
  • Please, can you make another test with v4.8.0 beta 1, try recording 5 minutes and make sure the OBD-II reader is connected? Then send the whole session (with all channel_* files etc) to me at tracks(at)racechrono.com . I'm really having hard time figuring out why it does not work.
  • thanks aol

http://blog.naver.com/ski4726/220842804290

go to blog and "첨부파일" click
  • Thank you for your consideration.
  • edited October 2016
    Thank you for your patience. It's not easy fix as I cannot purchase the OBD-II reader for testing... Let's try couple of iterations like this, I hope you don't mind.

Unfortunately that session is older an session recorded two weeks ago 2016/10/6 21:38. The date is in the folder name "session_20161006_2138". Please send me a session recorded with v4.8.0 beta 1.
  • session new track(3) file is v4.8.0 beta 1 recorded

• Can you zip the session folder like the other one please? .rcz does not contain debug output
  • okey

http://blog.naver.com/ski4726/220843213196

"첨부파일" click and download session_20161023 file

thanks aol
  • The log already looks different, probably much closer to working. Basically the initialisation goes OK, but the channels requested return no data.

Was your car running when recorded? It needs to be, or no data. Also what have you selected for "Fast channels" and "Slow channels"? Can you try selecting only "RPM" as fast channels, and nothing as slow channels? Then try recording with car running.

ELM323 v2.2

>OK

>?

>?

>?

>41 00 FF FF FF FF

>41 20 FF FF FF FF

>41 40 FF FF FF FF

>NO DATA

>NO DATA

>NO DATA

>NO DATA