Custom PID clarifications (for 2013 Suzuki GSXR-1000)

edited February 29 in General
Hello!

I've been working on getting PIDs from my 2013 Suzuki GSXR-1000 and am now ready to enter formulas into Racechrono and have some questions. I read a few posts but thought that it would be better to lay it out here.

Image 1: https://imgur.com/J3pCJv4

For 1 (Default protocol), I've selected 5, since when i used a bluetooth terminal i had to specify 5.
For 2 (Init. commands), I enter: ATWM8012F1013E\nATSH8112F1\nATFI\nATSH8012F1
For 3 (Default OBD-II header): I assume I leave this blank?
For 4 (Fast Channels): Do I need to check off the PIDs in this list for my custom PIDs? ie: if I'm making a custom "Engine RPM" pid, do I need to select it here under Fast Channels? Also, what does that mean the refresh rate will be?
For 5 (slow channels): Same question as above but with "Engine Coolant" What is the refresh rate?
For 6 (Test connection): I assume this is only a debug feature and I don't need to use it?

Image 2: https://imgur.com/ID0BQ2C

"Show standard channels": assuming that i leave this unchecked since I'm not using standard OBD channels.
For 7 (Engine RPM): I've added a custom channel and selected "Engine RPM"

Image 3: https://imgur.com/kg0JLg0

for this image, I've entered the suzuki PID 0x21 08. I then entered the bytes toUInt equation (uses two bytes). I then entered some raw data under "Source data". 0x61 08 01 17 69 A2 00 00 00 FF FF FF 00 42 F6 and the equation worked perfectly!

My question is this, what do I enter for "Source data" for when I'm using this PID on the track? And when would you check the "use live data"?

Finally, my next big question is:

0x21 08 provides ALL the pids in one go as output. If I enter all the PIDs separately, I assume it will send and receive the response for one. Then have to wait and do the next, then the next, etc. Is there a way to parse out ALL the data from sending 0x21 08 in one go to up the rate for values?

ie: I want to send 0x21 08 and get Speed, RPM, gear position and Coolant temp without resending 0x21 08 for each PID since each time all the data is included.

Comments

• aolaol
    edited February 29
    Default OBD-II header: leave blank, if you didn't set the header in the terminal either.

Fast channels: Check all your custom PIDs and uncheck everything else. All your PIDs come from same sentence, so setting some fast and some slow does not work.

Slow channels: Uncheck all.

Test connection: Just for testing your equations work. It will provide actual "Source data" for the equations.

Show standard channels: This options shows/hides the standard channels on the list, does not affect anything else.

Source data: This is used only to debug and test the equation. Not used outside the editor.

Final question: As you enter ALL your custom channels with same PID, it will get a response to all of them at once. You just enter them separately as unique custom channels, but it's wise enough to parse proper value for each of them at single PID request.
  • Perfect! Thanks. I'll enter the rest and give it a rest when the snow melts... I'll send you pics of that connector shortly in the other post.