So my workflow is typically that I sideload videos from my GoPro to my phone via my laptop with a card reader.
As a result, the video is placed in some random place in phone storage.
When I try to add a video from within a session, it gives me three choices (*):
1) Linked videos (empty)
2) Internal storage (empty yet)
3) DCIM/RaceChrono (empty, unless I put a video there)
I don't like putting things into DCIM/RaceChrono, as this triggers Google Photos to start backing it up, and I don't want the video straight from the camera to occupy storage in my Google account.
So given that none of the options work for me, I end up saying "ah, riiight", going to the RaceChrono home screen, then using "Import", then going back to the session, and the video is now in "Internal storage".
I select it there, and RaceChrono throws me into the "Analysis" screen.
More often than not, it doesn't show the video to me, as in between sessions I want to show the squiggly lines as large as possible, and hide the useless-at-that-time empty video pane. In fact I frequently hide the map panel too.
So ok, then thanks to my past experience using RaceChrono I click on the [▶] button (otherwise it's very hard to discover!), and then go ahead and sync the video to the correct session, autox run, etc.
For autox, I wish it gave me some hints on which cluster of squiggly lines is which run
I just had to explain this voodoo dance to my girlfriend, and realized how beginner-unfriendly this user journey is.
Consider revisiting some of this.
1) Allow importing videos right from the (*) choices screen
2) Allow configuring custom path for videos other than DCIM/RaceChrono
3) Force-open the video panel when linking a video to a session
4) [somewhat related] Also allow customizing the export directory / path to prevent Google Photos from unconditionally backing up the exported video