PC Software to analyse data?

2»

Comments

• Hi, I've added speed graph and a few minor things to 'grapher' (I have to find a good name for this program :-)
    Download link remains the same: http://w2.startvg.com/tmp/racechrono-graph.zip
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    cometseeker, i exported my data, but how come i load it with your program i was not about to see the map of the track's layout like the one you got in the file, it can actually show the lining lines.
  • Looking good! Want feature suggestions? A BIG scalable graph view with multiple lines (speed, altitude, time, comparison lap etc). And a list of lap times and sector times :)
  • I have the same 'feature' as bustersonic12. It will load the data and play the graph but doesnt display the track layout. Now all it needs is mph, comparison ghost laps, 3d and it'll be perfect :)

I also cant get performancebox software to get the data without dropouts. It manages to save 12 laps from 25 and they arent accurate. To be honest , the easy to read display on aols screens would be good straight to pc with maybe the playback option and comparison laps.
    Thats all i want :D world peace can wait
    THANKS AOL
  • hey guys sorry about these bugs, could you please send me your exported data ( cometsker at yahoo dot it ) I'll do my best to fix drawing issues asap.
    Thank you
  • edited August 2008
    I think the graph follow a track with a dot... look like comet mate.

Why not call it "racecomet" ;)?

Good program, btw. With some graphics enhancement this program will be as good as aol's racechrono. It has major potential!
  • Just started using Race Chrono and am very impressed. I downloaded cometseekers software and I to had the same problem ie I could not see the map of the track.
    I compared the misano sample csv file with my own export file and the only differences I could see were that the Misano file was downloaded from racechrono V0.95 and I am using 1.0 and that there was a negatve in front of every longitude value. When I removed the negative from all the longitudes and tried again I could now see the map, unfortunately it was back to front. At least i can see something now though!
    Many thanks to everybody involved in this, it is a brilliant tool!
  • Hey Stumac, thanks a heap! My program wasn't able to draw negative coordinates. I've just uploaded a fixed version of 'racecomet' :-) ...please let me know if it works.
  • Hi I have just tried it again and I can see the map no problem. Only issue is that it is a mirror image of what it should be ie. Instead of looking at it from above it is like you are looking at it from below!

Any ideas?
  • edited August 2008
    Hi, mirror 'feature' fixed (hopefully) :-) Thank you
  • edited August 2008
    CommentAuthorguinho
    http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=VBOX-Products-Software
    This file is .run, racechrono not support this file extension.
    Spain:
    El problema es encontrar un programa que analice mejor los puntos de aceleracion y frenada con colores distintos, probando la exportacion a diferentes programas todos marcan un leve y suave color, no hay casi diferencias entre color verde y rojo, no se aprecia la frenada o aceleracion, otros programas lo marcan mucho mas. Yo uso los que dicen en esta pagina y cada unos me sirve para una cosa distinta. Por lo demas el programa es muy bueno felicidades, ya lo usamos muchos, es muy exacto. Falta que se pudiera ver igual en el pc en pantalla. Felicidades.
    Ing:
    The problem is finding a program to analyse better acceleration and braking points with different colors, tested for export to different programs all make a slight and soft color, there is almost no difference between green and red, not appreciating the braking or acceleration , What other programs much more marked. I use those who say about this page and each serves me for something different, for example helped me with the graphics. On the other programme is very good congratulations, and many use it, is very accurate. Missing that would be like in the computer screen. Congratulations.
  • edited August 2008
    lacemi: Could you send me couple these .run files to tracks(at)racechrono.com, please? Maybe I can add the support for importing these files. Thanks.
  • just wondering if theres any more info on if the .run files will be supported?
  • Import for .RUN will be supported on the next beta. Export will not (as it's much harder to do).
  • edited September 2009
    :( would be good to see how the race tech software compares to performance box as i dont find performance box all that good.

for example i did some runs with a friends 996 turbo and even though the car was vmaxing at 126mph it was only giving accurate times from 60-118mph which it read as 6.68 seconds
    stevo.jpg

yet when you do 60-120mph for the same run it says
    stevo2.jpg
  • edited September 2009
    It's hard to do export for some/most of the software. They are free to downloads, but of course the manufacturers want money, so they try to restrict the software use only for data created with their own hardware.
  • That "racecomet" software dont understand racechrono.csv file anymore. Is there any solution for that?
  • edited September 2009
    same problem here...
  • bigbear: I'm not familiar with that software. Maybe send example .csv files to the author. He might fix the problem. :)
  • Ok, thanks!
  • Hello,
    Does anyone here have a copy of Cometseeker's RaceChrono graph software that they can share? I have somehow lost my original copy and the links further up in this thread are now dead.
    Thanks.