Round trips in the mountains : ascent and descent with RaceChrono

Hi to all !

I like driving on roads with many turns, and particularly ascent until the mountain pass and then I turn around, I retraced my steps (ie then descent). Ascent and descent several times a day. I like ascent but I prefer descent, vision is less crushed ...

I am timing the ascent and descent with RaceChrono on same track.

RaceChrono don't create multiple "Start line" or multiple "Finish line" or multiple "Start/Finish line"on same track.
But RC allows editing splits. In this way we transform a Split in the "Start/Finish line", and then for example you can have more than one "Start/Finish line" on same track.

I will test the various possibilities with RC 1.4, if you have ideas post here.

Comments

• I changed my initial post because he was not well, now it's better!
  • edited March 2010
    Yes you can edit the traps, so that a track has more than one start and more than one finish. This works in timing, but problem is that the comparison does not work anymore, when laps have different start and end points.
  • edited March 2010
    For timing ascent and descent with RaceChrono on same track : the easiest solution I found is to create 2 "Start/Finish line". A bottom and top (at the mountain pass).
    This provides for one round trip 4 laps, 2 and 4 are invalid. I've hidden this two.
    Lap1 is the ascent and Lap3 is the descent. Full-time are correct, this is the main !
    Lap1 time sectors are good, but Lap3 time sectors is bad (i see *).
    When I switch the comparison Lap then RC switch valid sector ...

I tried other combinations of start line and or finish or using the unidirectional property without finding a valid solution for time sectors.