Android preview sent out today

Comments

• I tried to install it on a small touchlet pad.
    It's running Android 2.3, Kernel 2.6.36.4, has access to Google Maps, but both versions fail to install.
    When installing with ADB it says:

D:\Android\ADB>adb install RaceChrono_v2000preview2_Android.apk
    747 KB/s (667225 bytes in 0.872s)
    pkg: /data/local/tmp/RaceChrono_v2000preview2_Android.apk
    Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]
    D:\Android\ADB>
  • Dani_Duke: Can you get me some details with 'adb logcat' ? Would be interesting to know which library is missing.
  • Unfortunately the logcat-command remains silent. The device seems to redirect all debug messages somewhere else.

I noticed one point: When installing, RaceChrono it seems to use Networkcommunication (Bluetooth connection, internet connection) and System-Tools (Bluetooth control).
    My device doesn't have Bluetooth. Instead I'd like to use ttyUSB via PL2303 oder FTDI.
    But makes this a difference while installing?
  • aol,
    how to open nmea txt file instead of gps?
    I tried to copy .nmea files in the racechrono folder, but it does not help.
  • Dani_Duke: It shouldn't make any difference.

KAC: You cannot open NMEA at this point (I didn't implement the import feature yet).
  • aol - you are a legend!
  • Hi. Is it possible to try this android version? :)
  • Hi AOL
    Likewise - can I please preview the Android version.
    Thanks!
  • Hi m8s

If possible I would also like to check the android version .

Most thankfull
  • Hi aol. Is it possible to try this android version? :)
    Can you integrate camera, that show track like route 66 and record video... for nex gen. of RC ;)
  • Hello,

Love RaceChrono wich I have been running on various Symbian and Windows platforms for the last couple of years. Could not stand the Windows Mobile any longer and ordred a HTC One X that I received today. I was with sadness I stared looking at other timing solutions, then I found this! Happy times. Are you able to add me to the preview testing crew and send me the link?

And ohh thanks for a superb product.

Best regards / M
  • Hi aol, i had RaceChrono in my old Nokia with S60, but now i've buy a Android Smartphone....where can i download RaceChrono for Android ?
    Thank a for your great work !

Best regards.
  • Hi,

I've just discovered Race Chrono, and it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.
    I've an android smartphone, so, it is possible to test the android version ?

I can give you some feedback about installation and use on my custom android roms.

Thank you for your work that seems great.
    Regards,

Koni
  • Hello!

I also would like to try the RaceCrono with my Galaxy S2 if possible.You are doing just a great job,thank you!
  • Hi, is it possible to receive the racechrono preview? thanks, Martti
  • Hello! I'd like to try the RaceChrono on my LG GT 540 if it is possible. Thanks :)
  • I would be happy to do some tests with my Samsung Galaxy S. Could you please include me!
  • Good afternoon, I would like to test the android version of RaceChrono in my phone. I've already tried the version in phone window and it seemed fantastic. Now I have a samsung galaxy s2 and legend htc with android. Please add me to the list to test the new application. thanks
  • G'day!! I have a Samsung duos Y and a Samsung Galaxy tab... I'm racing this weekend in Cezch republic (autodrom Most), and within the next few months i have sachsenring and nurburgring events. I'm an Australian living in Germany and working in motorcycle and auto R&D, so i have experience with this type of evaluation. If u can get me the app beforw the weelend i'll be glad to offer ongoing reviews/testing from German and English pwrapectives!
    Cheers,
    Andrew
  • Hello,

I'would like to test the Race Chrono aplication for Android and IOS.
    For what i can see you guys have at least one track from Portugal, right?

Best Regards.
    Bonifácio
  • Hi. I'd like to test racechrono for android in my HTC DESIRE HD...This weekend I'll go to franciacorta track in italy..if it's possible please add me. Thank you :-)
  • Hello,

I'd like to jump on the Android testing wagon. I have one HTC Desire, one Galaxy Tab GT-P9000 (IIRC) and one Galaxy S2 at my disposal - I'd be using QStarz 818X vie Bluetooth (if possible).

Best regards,

Danilo
  • Could I sign upto this, take delivery on a One X tomorrow
  • Hello, I'd also like to test Race Chrono for Android. I've already used Windows mobile and symbian versions of Race Chrono and they were great. Thanks.
  • Hi! I`d like to test the RaceChrono for Android!
  • Hiya, please include me for the tests. I loved Racechrono on the Symbian and would really like to test it on my Samsung Galaxy W (8150).
  • you can have racechrono Android Trial ?
  • racechrono I downloaded and installed on Android. But ask me email and password. you can add me?
  • Why does the preview request thread get no comments, but everybody decides this is the place to ask for a copy of RaceChrono for Android?

There IS a sticky for this!
  • how to download racechrono???