Google API's required.

edited February 2012 in RaceChrono for Android
aol,

Just wondering which Google API's are required for RaceChrono to function. Still holding out hope I can get RaceChrono to function on my Blackberry Playbook. You stated somewhere that the Google Maps api is required, any others? Or just vanilla Android beyond that API.

Comments

• I think Maps the only non-Android API needed. I also use native code (like most games etc) so the platform needs to support that too (NDK).

I actually plan to do a "black screen" map feature, which wouldn't require Google Maps (neither would it require 3g data, which is the reason I'm doing it).
  • edited February 2012
    Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately in my case I believe it is the NDK requirements that is stopping the app from functioning on my device (Playbook). I was hoping it was an API thing which would let me install different frameworks and try and get RaceChrono to work, I don't think I can get around the NDK requirement however.

Thanks aol, it may not work on my Playbook (which was a long shot anyways) but I can still use it in Android and Windows Mobile.
  • I'm postinge here, because I had a similar problem. My device has several GoogleApps installed, but com.google.android.maps was missing. So I successfully reinstalled the missing files. However I think "black screen" would be a good feature, so no internet connection is used. This will lower roaming cost when visitig several tracks in europe.

Download these two files:
    http://daniduke.bplaced.net/files/com.google.android.maps.jar
    http://daniduke.bplaced.net/files/com.google.android.maps.xml

Make sure your device is rooted and is is connected via USB-debug.
    upload the two files with adb:
    D:\>adb push com.google.android.maps.jar /sdcard/com.google.android.maps.jar
    D:\>adb push com.google.android.maps.xml /sdcard/com.google.android.maps.xml
    connect to device shell and move the files to the correct folders:
    D:\>adb shell
    #su
    #cat /sdcard/com.google.android.maps.xml > /system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.maps.xml
    #cat /sdcard/com.google.android.maps.jar > /system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar

restart device and reinstall RaceChrono

good luck!
  • Dani_Duke: Oh, nice one! That's pretty advanced stuff :)
  • edited February 2012
    Dani_Duke:

Thanks for the help!

A quick search of my device shows I have those two files at the mentioned locations.

The Blackberry Playbook is unique and doesn't have a full Android version, and although I do have Google Maps installed and (mostly) working thanks to Root access, I am apparently still missing some libraries required.

If I can figure out which other libraries are needed I can potentially side load the files, possibly.