Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google API's required.

edited February 2012 in RaceChrono for Android
aol,

Just wondering which Google API's are required for RaceChrono to function. Still holding out hope I can get RaceChrono to function on my Blackberry Playbook. You stated somewhere that the Google Maps api is required, any others? Or just vanilla Android beyond that API.

Comments

• I think Maps the only non-Android API needed. I also use native code (like most games etc) so the platform needs to support that too (NDK).

I actually plan to do a "black screen" map feature, which wouldn't require Google Maps (neither would it require 3g data, which is the reason I'm doing it).
  • edited February 2012
    Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately in my case I believe it is the NDK requirements that is stopping the app from functioning on my device (Playbook). I was hoping it was an API thing which would let me install different frameworks and try and get RaceChrono to work, I don't think I can get around the NDK requirement however.

Thanks aol, it may not work on my Playbook (which was a long shot anyways) but I can still use it in Android and Windows Mobile.
  • I'm postinge here, because I had a similar problem. My device has several GoogleApps installed, but com.google.android.maps was missing. So I successfully reinstalled the missing files. However I think "black screen" would be a good feature, so no internet connection is used. This will lower roaming cost when visitig several tracks in europe.

Download these two files:
    http://daniduke.bplaced.net/files/com.google.android.maps.jar
    http://daniduke.bplaced.net/files/com.google.android.maps.xml

Make sure your device is rooted and is is connected via USB-debug.
    upload the two files with adb:
    D:\>adb push com.google.android.maps.jar /sdcard/com.google.android.maps.jar
    D:\>adb push com.google.android.maps.xml /sdcard/com.google.android.maps.xml
    connect to device shell and move the files to the correct folders:
    D:\>adb shell
    #su
    #cat /sdcard/com.google.android.maps.xml > /system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.maps.xml
    #cat /sdcard/com.google.android.maps.jar > /system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar

restart device and reinstall RaceChrono

good luck!
  • Dani_Duke: Oh, nice one! That's pretty advanced stuff :)
  • edited February 2012
    Dani_Duke:

Thanks for the help!

A quick search of my device shows I have those two files at the mentioned locations.

The Blackberry Playbook is unique and doesn't have a full Android version, and although I do have Google Maps installed and (mostly) working thanks to Root access, I am apparently still missing some libraries required.

If I can figure out which other libraries are needed I can potentially side load the files, possibly.