RaceChrono 2.0 for Android Feedback

Comments

• Thanks a lot, I have a track day next WE, I'll test it, but on first view it seams very nice & easy to use...
  • Been testing R3 for a week.

Every day when i start my daily commute, it creates a new session, named after the track. Also tried without track (e.g. new/no track), then it creates session named after timestamp. Kewl.

After few days, i now have a session per day with 1 lap each, instead of 1 session with 3 laps. How do i combine the three, as i cannot compare laps or am i missing something/settings etc. Thanks.
  • Resume/combining is still on my to-do list
  • First trackday of the year tomorrow. I`ll give Beta3 a good test :)

Feedback will follow.
  • edited March 2012
    Did some small tests,for first time only with internal GPS, working good on Galaxy S+ 2.3.6

Google maps is a very nice feature.
    The splitscreen (speed Graph/google Maps) with my route/lap is amazing.
    First screen with start button is looking good.
    Livetimer needs some graphical tuneup.
    Modifying traps in google maps in portrait view is good in landscape only small band is left.Maybe in landscape switch the toolbar on the top to the right or left side

Till now and for a non beta version , awesome work.
  • edited March 2012
    Hello, I did a track day this WE… very nice apps, very easy, almost perfect…

2 comments…

1-Is it possible to see the precise max speed writed with digits on each session ?? we see it on the analyse graph, but on curves… in my case it seams to be 180 km/h, but because of the graph scale precision, it's difficult to see if it's plus or minus 5km/h… and also just make a spot on the higger curve on the graph, in order to know where is the max speed ??

2-It's a bit linked to my first remark… is it possible to share results on an Androit tablet (I have an Acer A500) in order to read & analyse results more precisely (thanks to a larger screen)

Thanks a lot for this very good application...
  • Tested RC yesterday at Chuckawalla in Southern California. The track was detected immediately and had start/stop and splits already done, which was great, even though this is a new track and google earth is not showing it.
    The app worked perfect, there was a slight difference in lap times when compared with my traditional lap timer but nothing significant /.12/.10 sec/ otherwise very consistent with using external GPS
    Can't wait for the full version.
    great work.
  • Hello Aol,

Is there any way to import sessions from 2.0 on Android into old 1.45 on Symban?

Thnks,

Daniele.
  • daniele.depetrini: Unfortunately not possible currently. In future there will be export format in v2.0 that can be imported in v1.45.
  • Love the old software and love the new software, got a few questions. What´s the plan about Google maps and data traffic? Could be a cost that people not counting on.

As i understand there is no export function in PW3 and that is not a problem, is it possible to export manually in some way?

And whats is your plan about export formats, as in the old version or some new formats als?

Best regards and keep up the good work!
  • bimmerboy: I do have plans about the data traffic; to have a "black map" without the tiles. There is no export at all currently. Haven't planned any formats, but I guess they will be the usuals to allow using video software etc.
  • edited March 2012
    I used preview 3 with my HTC Desire (on android 2.2) at a recent track-day with my car club, and using my Holux M1000 GPS cranked to 5Hz.

The track was a new one, not present in the library.

Really intuitive to use, though it seems that one is was forced to hit the "start/finish" line to begin the actual recording?? Difficult if you are doing the driving, but luckily I was passenger.
    (Actually now I'm not too sure that really was the case, maybe I was confused?)

Only discovered AFTER the event that one could "flip" the screen with a tap between laptime, map and satellites... Sometimes doubling up with a menu might help the hard of understanding?

Love the editing of the start / split lines - location, rotation and width all very easy and intuitive to use and make edits.

Now I've uploaded Blyton Park Raceway main (original) circuit + A brand new section they just opened to the public the weekend we attended, to the library. I hope they're accurate :-)
  • aol, about my requests ?? Have you a comment please ??

Thanks
  • Ferrier: Yes, they are good. Many already complained about the 1. so that's coming quickly.
  • Great, perfect... my next track day is the 5th of may...

Thanks a lot :)
  • Great as ever. :-)
    Same need to have speed meter by meter in the lap's graphic analisis.
    Could be possible to fix also the landscape mode?
    Now it shows "best" lap and "current"
    But "best" seems to be "previous" and the gap at the intermediate was thaken from this...
    Thank you
  • Sorry for being late to the Android party, some these things might have been shot down before.

When I started to think about what I'd want over the 1.43 in the S60 Nokia it's not much else than the Live Time things in the car (maybe a narrator voice with prerecorded pointers along the track :) )

But really, would it be possible to sync the data over the network to another Andriod RC (e.g. Tablet in the pits) as real time Telemetry (and voice over IP...)?
    Extending on this it could be possible to envision setting up a RC server for live feeding data for a set of racers, almost competing with Mylaps...
    And of course back-feeding competitors position and progress to the Live Timing (gap to the closest ones, prepare for overtaking...).

But making the 2.0 final is hard enough work :up:
  • Hi, will you eventually add data logging (record nmea0183) and “resume session” in the new RC ??.
  • Magnussen: I'm working on the resume as we speak. I will do the NMEA0183 too, either export or direct recording, not sure yet ...
  • Direct recording of nmea0183 in a session would be preferable. Thanks for all your hard work...
  • On 6 April i test the new Racechrono in Jerez circuit, this work fine, but at this moment is more interesting the old Racechrono 1.45 :-)
  • hope to see the OBD input/logging in Android version soon :)
  • Downloaded 3.0, very good job!
    Finally fixed speed in every meter of the lap for the bar's chatting at the paddok.

:-)

Now needs to be fix the landscape view during sessions...
    The screen shows only "best" and "current" but during laps "best" is last lap...
  • 3.0 ?? Is it available for Android ??
  • edited May 2012
    Tested the beta in a couple of tracks (Jarama and Albacete, in spain), on my HTC Desire S.

No problems at all excepting that sometimes the first two or three laps although showing as connected and with 8-10 satellites, it didnt recorded or calculated any laptimes. When looking at the session total time, full session time was displayed. Dont know why.

And just to confirm the good working, even it has been proven many times before,i'm pasting below the oficial laptimes followed by the racechrono calculated ones (10Hz GPS):

1-2'10.111
    2-2'04.601
    3-2'06.854 2:06.86
    4-2'03.300 2:03.29
    5-2'02.073 2:02.06
    6-2'02.182 2:02.21
    7-2'02.324 2:02.31
    8-2'00.791 2:00.77
    9-2'50.053 2:49.43

Much more precise than what my driving skills need.

Thanks AOL
  • AdiAdi
    edited May 2012
    Antti

Thanks a lot for 2.0.5 preview. I installed it, but couldn't import my old sessions. Racechrono closes after it starts trying to import the sessions. Once I take the sessions folder out of the racechrono folder, I can start the program again.

I tried this on HTC ONE X with Android 4.0.3 and HTC Sense 4.0.

Hope that I can try soon the functionality on the track in Nürburg coming weeks.
  • edited May 2012
    Adi: It should now work, please download Preview4d from the same place you downloaded the 4c.
  • Hello Antti!
    I´ve signed in on the website you´ve sent me by email to test the Final. Opening page says "Forbidden" and Library is empty. What is going wrong??

Greeting

Berend
  • I've just installed 2.00.6. When I go to track library it says: 'Track library index has not been downloaded.' Will it be able to download the right track automaticaly when I'm there?
  • edited May 2012
    vojnat: Fixed, download the preview4e from the usual place. Forgot to up the version number so it is still 2.00.6.