No connection to GPS with Qstarz 818XT and Alcatel One Touch M Pop 5020x

Hello,

I'm trying to use "RaceChrono 2.21" on android phone "Alcatel One Touch M Pop 5020x" with 4.1 android OS version and external GPS Qstarz 818XT.

It doesn't work.

In Bluetooth settings I associeted 818XT with phone.

In RaceChrono, I selected external device and 818XT. OK. It appeard : "Selected" "Paired" "Found".

But after "Start", I always had "No connection to GPS" !

I don't know what is the problem ?

Comments

• I just tested, now, with :

"Alcatel One Touch M Pop 5020x" + "GPS Qstarz 818XT" + "RaceChrono 2.21" android application => it doesn't work :-(

"Alcatel One Touch M Pop 5020x" + "GPS Qstarz 818XT" + "Bluetooth GPS" android application => it works

"Alcatel One Touch M Pop 5020x" + "GPS Qstarz 818XT" +"Trackmaster" android application => it works

With an another phone, but same application and same external GPS :

"Samsung S3 mini" + "GPS Qstarz 818XT" + "RaceChrono" android application => it works

Then I think, it's an incompatibily between "Alcatel One Touch M Pop 5020x" and "RaceChrono 2.21" android application, but I don't know why ???

Could you help me ? maybe parameters ?
  • djkiki: can you try with older version: http://www.racechrono.com/beta/RaceChrono_v206_Android.apk

I have some reports that on some rare devices the bluetooth does not connect with the new versions. Let me know if the old version works for you or not. It will help me to pin point the problem, and possibly fix it for the next new version.
  • Hi aol,

I will check with this older version this evening and come back here after for results.

Thx
  • It's better with This version (GPS connected). But it's not stable, data transfert interrupt after 2 mn and impossible to reconnect.
    Phone reboot mandatory because Bluetooth not working.
  • edited May 2013
    Unfortunately this means the Bluetooth stack is crashing on the device... It MAY work better with different GPS receiver, but PROBABLY the Alcatel One Touch cannot be used with bluetooth devices due to firmware bugs :(
  • I updated with last version on Play Store and using ""Settings > Expert settings > Bluetooth fix" GPS is connected.
    I must take time to verify if it's OK on real road but it's very better !!!
    Thanks a lot !