RaceChrono v2.30 thread, free discussion

2»

Comments

• RaceChrono can record raw accelerometer and gyroscope data by turning on internal sensors from Expert settings. The ones that are "GPS channels" are derived from the GPS data. The derived acceleration data has advantage of being always lateral/longitudinal where the data from internal sensor is X/Y/Z. RaceChrono does not rotate or filter the raw data, it just records what the sensor gives it.

With V2 format you get the OBD-II data (or would if you recorded it) and the data from internal sensors exported. Other than that, no real benefit I guess.
  • I didn't think about that... spatial orientation is hard :). I guess the start-up initialization is that the first bit of movement is considered longitudinal? I will stick with the GPS. (i think my brain operates on about 1.5 axis most of the time)

thanks!
  • Hi there..great app and I'm still trying it out

I'm on Galaxy S4 i9500 and on stock OS

Would like to ask how to get this view:

http://www.racechrono.com/manual/images/live_timer_5.png

Because I'm only able to view 3 different views (via sliding between pages):

Default View - lap times
    Gauges
    Map

Thanks!
  • edited September 2013
    Hi, this was how it looked like in Symbian OS, so it's not available in Android. Any particular reason you'd prefer this screen?
  • I guess it's just personal taste..I'd like to see as much info in the screen and what the S60 version seems to fit..except being cramped up..

So I thought with newer larger screen phone may be able to fit better

But since it's not available..I'm fine with what the current version is able to offer..thanks!
  • Madman, I agree lap timing info combined with a gauge would probably be useful. But lap timing with a map probably not. I'm thinking most useful would be a way to have gauge inside the Lap timing screen... this is on my TODO list but haven't yet figured out the user experience on this.
  • Hmm..I see..I was thinking to have a map and speedo gauge to see my speeds (if it's even possible since you're focused on track lol)

But since the priority of the app is lap times..I'm fine with it..will be using this app for the first time for this coming weekend =)
  • @Hmmpft thanks for the hint, I'll try this soon!

Daniele.
  • Hi there

Was just wondering why does the Android version not have the 0-100 and 200 times?

I'm not a track guy and use to only use this app playing around with my Dad's bikes and cars. But it seems as this Android version is strictly for TRACK. session...

Maybe I'm overlooking it or maybe it's never been on Android! But I use to use my Nokia N95 solely for this app and testing acceleration speeds.

I'd like to see the acceleration speed screen return and let's say I choose 0-100, then it should afterwards also be able to give me the time for 0-60 and all other speeds less than my selected target.

Great app! Just wish all the Symbian OS Functionality was on Android.

I'm using it on a Galaxy Note 3 and the Lap timer worked nicely on the river with my Jet Ski! But obviously I couldn't see 0-100 times.

Thanks for the hard work man!
  • louispires, I've developed most of the performance testing feature, but still the UI part is missing... I should gain some momentum and finish it...
  • Hi Antti,

I've found strange thing with csv export. I'm using RaceRender2 to create videos. And in case I'm exporting csv v1, I am able to select Speed(kph) as a source for speedometer overlay. If I use csv v2, there is only one field Speed listed and it is in mph. Am I missing something or it is as designed?

• Maybe RaceRender2 bug. It is "Speed (m/s)" in the export file, right? Maybe send the .CSV export to RaceRender support, and explain the problem to them?
  • Sorry, my bad. I've found appropriate setting in RaceRender. I thought that it uses csv value as is without conversion. There is no need to have separate kph value in export file.