Lost my sessions, can I get them back?

Hi all, recently I had to do an update on my phone, from Android Jelly Bean to Kit Kat, and I did a Titanium backup of the app and data, but when I restored it all, app and data, I only got back the app and the user, not the sessions :( is there any way to get them back, are they stored somewhere in android besides the RaceChrono folder?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Unfortunately they are only stored in the RaceChrono folder. It's very unfortunately you lost them. As these files are outside RaceChrono "sandbox" they are not backed up :(

Usually OS update does not destroy user files, but apparently sometimes do.

I've been considering improvements to this but unfortunately they are no help for you now.
  • damn... :(

can you give me an example of a session file, I'll try to do a search to see if they are stored somewhere on the phone....

Also, for the future versions, and I know this has a cost obviously, but could you consider making a backup online to a cloud, since we are logged in with a username on the app anyway? Just a thought... perhaps on the pro version to help to support it. I have no idea how much space it takes, but shouldn't be too much right?

thanks for the help
  • edited July 2014
    Yes, could sync was already on my TO-DO, and I've just raised its priority. It would solve issues like this very nicely.
  • If you search folders named session_* or files named channel_* you should find them if they still exist somewhere.
  • Thanks for your replies and support aol!

I will let you know if I find them as soon as I have a bit of spare time.