Remember last track

Hi. Been using RC for over year club racing in the UK. To collect data and more recently as live in-car timer. Just upgraded the analysis pack, which is a great way to help us invest in the app's development as users.

Can we streamline the track selections screens to make a "use last track" option alongside auto-detect. I'm not sure "create track is a widely used option, so could be placed somewhere else.

As a side - The auto-detect never seems to work for me, and you don't always have time to wait for a good gps lock.

Currently you have to tap "select", move to "my tracks" (I always copy the track and add personal split markers), then scroll the list down and select the track from the list. It's a bit fiddly, so use last track would make this much slicker.

thanks
GG

Comments

• Same for me - I can't remember when track auto-detect worked. I also use manual selection from my tracks, so adding "use last track" option will be great!
  • The track is only auto-detected when the start line is crossed. I've found out it is confusing for users, as most expect the track to be detected already at the pits! This is another usability issue that needs addressing in the future. I will make a note about the remembering last track as well.
  • This has worked just fine for me. The track I was at had the Start/Finish just after pit out, so at the start of each session it would click off. and start recording a lap time appropriately. There are other tracks where you would not get a lap time till after a full out lap.

Does this only work for a start line? If it worked on any split line, couldn't you add one called pit lane, and have it pick up from there, so that way when you enter hot pit it would pick up the track? Or maybe the user could define a box called pit area, and if you were in that box it would auto detect quickly? Just tossing out ideas...

Anyway, after I read this post above, I haven't bothered with picking a track and it has worked fine.
  • Create track is probably used quite frequently by auto-crossers. I also use it on my daily drive to map out different ways to get to places.

I think it would be good to make the default screen "My Tracks", since most people do add their own splits to the tracks in the library.