Custom PID - Brake Pressure -> Different Values while driving.

Hello, I have a brake pressure switch PID that I have got "semi" working. This is my current formula:

bytesToUint(raw,1,1).

Currently, this returns "8" or "0" with no brake pressure, and "2" or "10" with brake pressure. Is there any way to modify this calculation so I only have a single false/true or 0/1 when brake pressure is applied vs not applied? If that is not possible, is there a way for data to not be interpolated in the log? I'm seeing different numbers there when I export it (3,4,6) and I suspect that is due to interopolation. Does RaceChrono naturally interpolate values in this fashion?

Comments

• Yes, the other numbers are probably from interpolation. You should see the interpolated values from the graphs quite clearly.

Version 7.0 will have logical operations that will allow what you want.
  • Hello, I saw that the beta version of 7.0 is available. Have logical operations been added to that yet? Now that I've been using this for a couple months it is a fantastic piece of software, thank you for your time and dedication to continue improving it.
  • @arskemp, yes. It just took me a while to document them. Also added if function: https://racechrono.com/support/equations