Best configuration for motorcycle (and basic questions)

Hi all,
I've been using Racechrono for some years for trackdays and I was planning to buy an external GPS to improve accuracy. But I have some questions:
1. I usually do the laps with my iphone under the suit. Having an external GPS with memory (such as Qstarz BL-1000GT 10HZ) will allow me to leave my phone at the garage, record everything in the GPS and then read the data when I get back to the garage? OR I'll have to go out with the GPS and iphone?
2. External GPS can be place anywhere in the motorcycle such as under the seat? or It must be in a place with clear view? I have a Panigale V4, so if someone has a picture of the GPS installed, it would be super useful.

Thanks!!

Comments

• edited January 2022
    1. Qstarz BL-1000GT's data format is supported by RaceChrono's import feature, so yes, you can leave the phone in the pits. There's no OTA download for the data, so you'll need to get a memory card reader to get the files to your phone at the pits.

2. Needs to be in clear view. It's just much easier to find a place for it, than for a phone.
  • Excellent. Cannot import data using bluetooth?
  • No not from BL-1000GT at the moment.
  • Thanks for the information. Very useful. Is there any other GPS that can be use in that way? Leave my phone in the pits and when I get back connect via bluetooth and read the info?
    I'm using iphone.
  • edited February 2022
    I've been testing one prototype device that does it, but unfortunately it's not yet at market, and I haven't heard about it in a while. I suspect they are suffering of the chip shortage, like many other hw makers.

That said the Qstarz BL-1000GT is a very good device.