Tire temperature IR camera updated (RejsaRubberTrac)

Comments

• which version of Adafruit nRF52 by Adafruit board manager is working?
    if I install version 1.1 then the sect is loaded but the board does not work
    If I install the newest version, it gives an error when compiling
  • 1.2.0 but there is no data on the port monitor, or rather, that's all

Begin startup. Arduino version: 10607
    Starting temperature sensor for R ...
  • name=Adafruit nRF52 Boards
    version=1.3.0
    # Compile variables
    # -----------------
    #compiler.warning_flags=-Werror=return-type
    #compiler.warning_flags.none=-Werror=return-type
    #compiler.warning_flags.default=-Werror=return-type
    #compiler.warning_flags.more=-Wall -Werror=return-type

it didn't work, same error
  • I somehow managed to program the RejsaRubberTrac-develop sketch onto the board. but the board gives only two answers and is silent

Begin startup. Arduino version: 10607
    Starting temperature sensor for R ...
    Starting BLE device: RejsaRubberR
    Starting bluetooth with MAC address
    Device name: RejsaRubberR 20003e
    Running!
    Rate: 0.0Hz V: 344mV (1%) Wheel: R D: N/A Zoomrate: 0.00% Outliers: 0.00% MaxRowDelta: 0.0 AvgTemp: 0.0 AvgStdDev: 25.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0
    Rate: 0.0Hz V: 344mV (1%) Wheel: R D: N/A Zoomrate: 0.00% Outliers: 0.00% MaxRowDelta: 0.0 AvgTemp: 0.0 AvgStdDev: 25.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0 T: 0.0
  • Could be that you used the wrong pins to connect the sensor to the board?

I've added dummy returns to the code on github so no need to edit platform.txt anymore. No actual real changes in code, just added dummy returns to prevent the return type warnings from the compiler to pop up.
  • I did everything like you have on your page.
  • if you specify another temperature sensor in the configuration, then everything works, only zeros go.
    As soon as I am in the configuration for the AMG sensor, the board stops working. At the beginning, it will blink the LEDs, send two lines of readings and that's it.
    I think the problem is in the description of the sensor in the sketch.
  • Did some tests

MLX90640 works with both ESP32 and nRF boards but AMG8833 currently only runs properly with ESP32 boards. I'm looking in the code to see why.
  • The I2C bus crashes a bit randomly, seems the nRF and the AMG8833 doesn't like talking to each other. I'm trying to find if it's a timing problem...
  • The nRF52 acts a bit pickier about i2c than the ESP32 with the AMG8833. But download and try the updated code on github. It runs okay here with my nRF52832 feather board. But it seems it occasionally refuses to start up and then needs a power cycle. Similar to how the nRF52 was picky about the i2c distance sensor where I added a hardware restart in the original code.
  • I am infinitely grateful!
    Everything worked! You are best!
  • Hello MagnusThome!
    I'm having problems again.
    I've burned two boards already. The first time I thought that I touched the contacts with my fingers and closed when I inserted battery power. When I bought another board, programmed it and put in a battery, it started to smoke again. If you insert power into a new board without programming, then everything is ok.
  • Post a bunch of closeup photos of your build
  • I'm not attentive and always in a hurry.
    On my plug, the + and - were reversed.
    Now everything is working great! Be careful about the little things!!!
  • Hello MagnusThome
    Today the distance sensor came, I connected it, it does not show. I guess I didn't buy the right one. This VL53L0 / 1XV2 came here and not this VL53L0XV2. Will not work?
  • I honestly don't know. You need to check datasheets on what, if anything, is different.

• if you just load the include "Adafruit_VL53L0X.h" sketch, then everything works
  • I try without temperature sensor. Or do they only work as a couple?
  • if you fill in this RejsaRubberTrac-master then everything works
  • and I can not connect two sensors in the RH. on one I have a temperature on the second distance. the program sees only one, or rather it sees and connects both, but displays data from only one
  • Hello again!
    I tried all the options, everything is displayed normally in Harry's program.
    The racechrono program does not display a distance sensor.
    MagnusThome and aol_of_RaceChrono, what am I doing wrong again? Or have I messed something up again?
  • MagnusThome
    one board is flashed with RejsaRubberTrac-master, the other with RejsaRubberTrac-develop 2
    maybe this is the problem?
  • You wrote "if you fill in this RejsaRubberTrac-master then everything works" so I don't understand what the problem actually is?

You wrote " I can not connect two sensors in the RH". What is RH?

Then you write it displays normally in Harrys but not in Racechrono. Could it be you don't have he proper bluetooth names as mentioned earlier in the thread?

Finally, you write you use different firmwares, why? Are you running one nRF and one ESP?

• You wrote "if you fill in this RejsaRubberTrac-master then everything works" so I don't understand what the problem actually is? - this sketch does not work with AMG sensor. So I uploaded RejsaRubberTrac-develop 2

You wrote " I can not connect two sensors in the RH". What is RH? - Racechrono

Then you write it displays normally in Harrys but not in Racechrono. Could it be you don't have he proper bluetooth names as mentioned earlier in the thread? - I changed in the configuration different numbers from 0 to 7 when choosing a wheel

Finally, you write you use different firmwares, why? Are you running one nRF and one ESP?- No, both boards are nrf52, on one I attached the AMG sensor to the other distance sensor. If the RejsaRubberTrac-develop 2 firmware is uploaded to the board with the distance sensor, then the distance is not displayed. If I upload the RejsaRubberTrac-master firmware, then everything works, but as soon as I connect the sensor to the program Racechrono, when I start the session, only the temperature from the second sensor is displayed

this RejsaRubberTrac-develop 2 sketch doesn't want to work with the distance sensor
  • edited March 2023

The released firmware (master) is very stable and have been without problems AFAIK since release.

The develop branch is what it's named, a branch that is in (slow) development. It is actually a quite big rewrite of the released (master) code. It's done by other contributors. They are working on adding some cool functions like autozoom, multiple sensors per MCU board and more. But again, it is an open source development branch.

• Yes, but this firmware does not work with the AMG sensor, or did you redo it?
  • edited March 2023

AMG8833 worked with ESP32 but not with nRF52. I made some edits and fixed so it also works with nRF52 based boards.

• I have now uploaded the firmware RejsaRubberTrac-master but the temperature shows 0.
    If you upload the firmware RejsaRubberTrac-develop 2 , the temperature shows normally
  • What works with what is clearly listed on the github pages for the two versions https://github.com/MagnusThome/RejsaRubberTrac#what-you-need-for-a-basic-working-kit