RaceChrono on internal GPS

Hi, I have download the Series 60 Third Edition on my N95. was at Malaysia Sepang Track last Saturday and wanted to try the RaceChrono, the phone kept asking to connect to a GPS BlueTooth device. N95 is already build in with GPS so why do I need to connect for a BlueTooth GPS?

Advise needed.

Tks

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Current version does not support the internal GPS on 6110 Navigator, N95, E90, etc.

Beta version of internal GPS support will be released for limited beta group in a few weeks time. Please see the news section for details on joining the beta group.
  • edited February 2008
    Mhmm, that´s dissapointing. I want to go easter weekend to the nurburgring, and no chance to try the software? I use a E90 with the internal gps. Also the other tests are interesting, wanted to do some 100-200 tests with my 996tt :(

Hope the internal gps version is available soon for the public. Keep up the interesting work. That piece of software is really a great tool for us hobby racers.
  • edited February 2008
    Seems like lot of people going to 'Ring on easter. Too bad I can't go. Going maybe in May. The beta for intenal GPS is released before easter, and you can join the beta group from:
    http://www.racechrono.com/news/?p=35&lang=en

I'm not sure how well it will work on 'Ring with the internal GPS, since even some external receivers have trouble. Mainly because of the steep hills and high trees near the track. Atleast make sure you install the phone on your dashboard so that the GPS antenna has an upwards view. Also for N95 users it's important to keep the slide open, since that way the GPS reception is much better.
  • Yes, easter there are always many cars from around europe, i´ll be there on friday. Probably i´ll go there sooner. It´s not so far away from me, but i don´t have so much time in the moment, with my carrera i drove about 120 rounds on the ring, with my turbo in 2 years only 20 :(

Thanks for the beta link. Email is on the way.
  • edited March 2008
    The new version now supports the internal GPS. Let me know how it works! Notice you need to change "GPS type" in settings to use it.