GoPro + Wifi GPS

I'm trying to have 2 wifi devices connected but the software prevent me from doing this...

GoPro in AP mode
Phone connect to gopro
wifi GPS connect to go pro

Can this be fixed?

Thanks

Comments

• edited October 2017
    Currently this is not supported use case at all.

I guess the problem is the settings do not allow two Wi-Fi devices to be configured at the same time? Not sure if the GoPro support will allow it, but I could test it I guess. Which phone do you have and which GPS?
  • The gopro does support multiple client surprisingly! I tested that on a Session 4. I'm doing this on a Nexus 5x with a dyi WIFI gps.

Phone connect to gopro: IP 10.5.5.100 given
    GPS to gopro: IP 10.5.5.20 hardcoded by me
    Gopro: IP 10.5.5.9 default

Racechrono just tell me that it have to disable the other connected wifi device when I active the other. Do you manage the wifi connections from your app? In my case I connect to the gopro myself from the wifi settings.

thanks
  • Hi,

For GoPro the connection is managed, but not for the Wi-Fi GPS. To in theory this might work if it allowed the setup. But I need to test it myself before I can enable it.
  • edited October 2017
    I got it to work myself but the GPS data was unstable after all.

This is how,

1 - Add gopro device to racechrono
    2 - Add gps device to racechrono. Say yes when it ask to turn off the gopro.
    3 - Activate Gopro wifi
    4 - Connect android wifi to gopro AP manually
    5 - Start recording in racechrono
    6 - go to camera tab then select the gopro and press record.
    7 - connect wifi GPS to gopro

At 5hz the data was dropping a bit every few seconds. At 10hz it was just failing. Not sure if the gopro cpu or the data bandwith is to blame... I'll try a lower resolution and framerate.

edit: you cant record and stream the video at the same time on session 4 at 1080 and 60 fps. I'll try lower see if that work.
  • at 5hz it work if the gopro is at 720 30fps. Not a good option after all... :(