How to switch lenses when using internal camera?

Hi,

I just purchased RaceChrono pro for an LG V30, which has two camera modules on the rear of the phone (a standard camera, and a wide angle). I would like to use the wide angle, but I don't see a way to switch to it. I can switch between the front and rear camera, but not between each rear camera.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Currently it's not possible to change the lenses, as I haven't found an option for it in the Android Camera API that would work. I will add TO-DO item to re-investigate this at a suitable time.
  • Sounds good. For what it's worth, both Track Addict and Harry's LapTimer have this feature, so it should be doable.
  • Oh, and thank you for the response. :)
  • edited March 2019
    OK, I will check it again, thanks for the info! If others support it, then it must be possible, I've just missed it.
  • edited March 2019
    I've ordered LG V30 to make sure I have a device that supports this. It may be my other test phones just don't support the API for this.
  • Awesome, thank you. Please let me know if I can do anything to help!
  • Got the phone today, and I successfully changed to the wide angle camera. I will create this feature possibly for the next version already.
  • Fantastic! Thank you so much for following through on this.
  • Do you know if the update will likely work with other phones with multiple camera modules?
  • edited April 2019
    Answer is yes and no... LG V30 exposes all three cameras (2 rear and 1 front) through the standard Android APIs, which allows developer to let users pick. But for instance OnePlus 5 exposes only 1 rear and 1 front camera, even though it has 2 rear cameras. So on OnePlus 5 user cannot pick which rear camera to use... But any phone that exposes the cameras through the Camera API will work. In practice it will be hard or impossible to tell before testing :)
  • Sounds good. My V30 is my older phone that I'm thinking I'll use for track days, but I just got an S10 and was considering trying it once or twice to compare... I guess I'll have to wait and see how it goes!