Backup/restore session?

edited April 2015 in RaceChrono for Android
Hello AOL Racechrono.
Love your app. I have one request, if it's not already implemented.
An option to either save or backup a sessions with all related files. Perhaps an option to cut out laps. Today you can export which is great but it requires all source files to be in place first. This is where backup/restore session would come in handy.
I'm looking for an easy option to backup a complete session to a pc, either in a single file or consolidated folder structure like \Racechrono\Backups\session_name\all files necessary to be imported using restore option\

This is just to be able to save all info offline from the device, for later use, or for clearing some space. So its easy to restore it using a "restore" function.

Regards
Onni

Comments

• Thank you for the feedback and great feature idea. Currently there's no automated way to backup everything, but you can use apps like "ES File Explorer" to copy (or I should suggest compressing) the /RaceChrono/ folder to a safe place.
  • Hello AOL
    Yes I can do that. But some files end up in \DCIM, some in \Android\Data\com.racechrono.pro..
    So its not clear what to backup manually to restore a full session. I realize now that camera files have to land in \DCIM right? Or is there a way to trigger recording video that redirects output to for instance \racechrono\Session name\..

Regards
    Onni