Getting a new android device--which OS?

Looking to get a new phone with a better camera, more RAM and newer OS that the 4.1 version I have now.
Have their been any operational issues with the newest OS--lollipop using RC Pro?
Regarding KitKat OS--can I still store video to the SD card rather than keep it on the internal RAM
as I currently do with 4.1 OS
Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Most of my test devices are on 5.0 and 5.1 now, so I think the compatibility is good enough already. Needed to press cancel on upgrade on couple of Android 4.4 devices, as I still need to test that too ;) About 25% of users are at Android 5.x and I haven't received complaints related to them really.

SDcard will work for videos on Android 5.x same as 4.x.
  • Good to hear about 5.X.
    You're confirming that if I get a phone with Kitkat 4.4.x it will store video data on the external SD card? There are a lot of deals out there now on LG/HTC units running 4.4.X making me wanting to pull the trigger on one but it depends on the RC app.
  • Yes it works on 4.4 too. Android 4.4 allows apps to write only their own folder on the sdcard. For this reason the external video folder is under /Android/data/com.racechrono.pro/ on the external storage. If I ever create feature that it could write /DCIM/ folder too, 4.4 will not be supported, as it is limited writing its own folder only.