Oil Temp and Coolnat Temp do not get recorded

Hi, I use ODB-II Bluetooth device to send car data to phone.
RPM and Throttle position get recorded, show on the analysis and i can export that data on the CSV file, but the oil temp and coolant do not.
I have the oil and coolant check marked on the fast channels.
Any idea why not? how can i fix that?
thanks,
Ofer

Comments

• edited June 2015
    When you start recording new session, with car running and OBD-II connected, do this:

1) Press the green/red button from bottom left of the recording screen. Device status panel appear with gauges for everything that is being recorded. Can you see oil and/or coolant temperature?

2) Click 'Fast channels' button. Are those channels available on the list? If not your vehicle does not support these channels.

Coolant temp channel is supported by most vehicles (but not all), but the Oil temp channel is quite new and still rarely supported.

-Antti

• Have you verified your car is actually sending those values? I can set to have both of those feeds in the files, but I only get coolant temp since my car's OBD doesn't send anything on the oil temp code.
  • claudermilk - that is what it is. I am not getting this value. I set it to receive, but nothing comes through. Thank you.