Having problems in video export with 3 different devices

Hi

Just purchased the Pro version last week and tried using yesterday. Everything works except video export. I am using Skypro XGPS160 and Sony's FDR-X1000V action cam.

Here are my problems:

SONY Xperia Z1 Compact and Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (both on Android 5.x):
Both devices play the videos with audio perfectly after linked to my sessions with overlays. However, export video failed. I tried all qualities, hardware acceleration on/off, and both internal/external storage.
Here is the export log:

Dec 9, 2015 11:50:01 PM General failure
Dec 9, 2015 11:50:01 PM java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to initialize audio/raw, error 0xfffffffe
at android.media.MediaCodec.native_setup(Native Method)
at android.media.MediaCodec.(MediaCodec.java:497)
at android.media.MediaCodec.createEncoderByType(MediaCodec.java:467)
at o.ml.(:47)
at o.mk.ˊ(:4075)
at o.mi.ˊ(:65)
at o.mo.ˊ(:109)
at o.lx.ˊ(:259)
at o.ln.run(:110)

Moto X Pure Edition (on Android 6.0): No audio for linked video but no problem exporting them (still no audio for the exported files). Tried playing the exported videos on third party app (MX Player, VLC etc.), still no audio. The input videos can be played with audio with third party app. But no audio with the phone's build-in video player.

Thanks.

Sony

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Hi Sony, can you share me a sample video from the device, so I can try to fix it? I've never had camera with raw audio format, so it's never been tested, and this is the main reason it does not work. Put the video to DropBox or Google Drive, and share to link to me at tracks(at)racechrono.com
  • Done. Please check email. :)
  • Got it, thanks. I will try to make it work with RC, after done with my current tasks. No promises, but as it is raw format, is should be doable.
  • edited January 2016
    Android 6.0 media extractor doesn't even recognise the audio track, so even if I'd fix this for Android 5.0, you will lose audio again once your device updates to Android 6.0... For intermediate solution I recommend transcoding the audio track to AAC and bringing it to the phone like that. At minimum I need proper metadata from the operating system, and new Android is just ignoring it, sorry :(

I'll look at this again on Android 5.1 later.