Failure with Export Video in mp4

Hello,
I've used RaceChrono the first time and now I want to Export the Video with overlay to the sd Card in mp4 Format. I choose the whole session or sigle laps, in both ways I get an error (just "Failure" or "Audio/Video codec") after starting the Export. External Memory with 10GB free space is selectet.
I read something with an Option "Hardware acceleration" which is recommended to deselect. But I can not find this Option in the Settings!
I also read something about error logs, but the Folder /Android/data/com.racechrono.pro/files/logs/video_export_log.txt is empty in the phone Memory and in the erxternal sd Memory.
Does a Guideline for the Settings of RaceChrono exist?
Some tipps would be very usefull!!
Thanks,
Martin

Comments

• edited December 2015
    This "hardware acceleration" checkbox is in the export screen, where you select which laps to export etc. But it is only available for Android 4.4 and later.

- Are you using the RaceChrono Pro app, or did you purchase "Pro upgrade" on RaceChrono app?
    - Which device and Android version are you using?
    - Where does the video come from? From internal camera or some Action camera?
  • I purchased the pro app from the Play Store.
    The device is a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.
    Android is 4.4.2.
    The Video was created with the app on my S4 mini, the internal cam.
  • I found the HW acceleration option, unchecked it and now the export works!
    It was a bit hard to find in the export menu, under the options button.
  • edited December 2015
    It's good the software codec works fine. The hardware export _should_ work fine too for that device when using the internal camera. Maybe try HW option again for another session, and maybe reboot the device before trying. If it never works, I will consider buying the device to my test set :)
  • Reboot does not help. I did 4 sessions on one day and I have the problem with all. Sorry.
  • OK. May need to get the device for a look.
  • Hi,
    Also, I have a same problem.

My configuration are as blelow,
    Samsung Galaxy S3 / Android version 4.4.4
    GoPro Hero cam / 1920x1080 30Frame
    Racechrono pro APP / from playstore
    Several reboot.

If I check use hardware acceleration, i got a error, "failure", so, i uncheck use hardware acceleration, i got a good result.
    What's the problem ?
  • I think it's the source video. Galaxy S3 has only 720p camera, so the hardware doesn't support frame size bigger than that. If you want to export using hardware acceleration, record the videos at 720p or switch of the hw acceleration.
  • Thanks, aol.
    After change 720p video, I can use hardware acceleration.

Great program!