Overlay data

Hi, I used RaceChrono Pro for the first time last week at Spa and the Nurburgring, it's a fantastic piece of software!

Unfortunately I didn't connect the GoPro to the phone, so had to manually sync the footage to the overlay. I noticed the overlay data isn't as responsive as some videos I've seen from other people using similar/the same equipment.

Example:

My video:

Notice how quickly the throttle response is displayed. My car has a cable throttle, so it's not slow because of a motor. Also, the displayed revs don't keep up with the engine speed.

I am using an Xperia Z1 Compact, OBDLink LX and Qstarz bt-q100ex.

Are there some settings I've missed somewhere that could improve this, and would I have to record new sessions for them to take effect?

Comments

• How many OBD-II channels are you recording? Some older cars get only 5-6 channels per second. So if you choose 6 "fast" channels you get 1 hz update rate per channel. If you choose only 2, it will be 3 Hz per channel. The "slow" channels you select does not slow down the fast channels too much.
  • I checked just now, and the settings were from when I was testing the obd on the road without GPS. Fast channels were set to engine RPM, throttle position and speed. I have removed speed as I will now get an accurate signal from the GPS. Slow channels are set to intake and coolant temp.

My car is a 2001 Honda Integra R.
  • edited April 2016
    That will help little bit, but it's probably just that the OBD-II PIDs are slow on your car. Cars without CAN-BUS it's usual to get only 5-6 Hz and the cars with CAN-BUS it's common to get >50 Hz using the OBDlink reader...