New feature: expert setting Raw video folder, how this work??

Hi,

I tried to use this feature to access the raw files in a different folder on my SD card (inserted in the phone - so no usb cable). In particular, I have the files in the DCIM/100GOPRO folder and I want to access the video files there without moving in the other racechrono default location. Unfortunately, after setting the folder, when I go in the saved session and I click on the video circle I cannot see the videos, as it seems racechono is still searching them in the default places.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Just an update: if I set a folder on my internal phone memory, it correctly appear in the list. However if I use any folder on the SD card, it does not work... so I think this is a bug.
  • edited May 2016
    Which version? There was a bug that is now fixed in v4.5.2 and v4.6.3. The folder needs to be reselected if you did that in earlier version.
  • Hi, the problem was there with version 4.5.2 and is still there with 4.6.6. I have a Soni Xperia Z3+.
  • I have a couple of screenshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub2z27e96uopc36/Screenshot_20160522-112554.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebv7xcp70kejjgz/Screenshot_20160522-112628.png?dl=0

Note, that the videos that are visible are those that I manually copied in the other folder. The manually set folder does not work.
  • There should be third storage visible "Custom storage". RaceChrono probably thinks the folder is not readable. I'll check my code tomorrow.
  • Which Android version?
  • Running Android 6.0.
  • The third storage folder do not appear when I point it to any folder on the SD card (this is the actual issue). If I point it on the phone internal memory, then it appears.
  • RaceChrono probably thinks the folder is not writeable. Does it work if you set it under /storage/0000-0000/Android/data/com.racechrono.pro/files/temp/ ? You'll need to create the temp folder first.
  • mlxmlx
    edited May 2016
    Yes it works. If I set it to the "files" or to the main "com.racechrono.pro" folders it works as well. However, when I set it to the data, it stops to work. So I think you got the issue. I hope it is not complex to fix. By the way, why the folder needs to be writable? Actually it just needs to read the videos there.