Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to debug $RC3 recording?

Hello,

I have used http://www.hhhh.org/wiml/proj/nmeaxor.html to check my checksum and it seems to be correct. I have let Race Chrono Pro sit gathering data on my test bench but when I export the session I only get GPS data.

Example output if I connect using a serial app over bluetooth:
$RC3,332195.8,, 0.00, 0.00,-1.00,0.00, 0.05,-0.03,16413,-999,83.87,1317,27.37,0.00,0.00,1735,0.00,1.00,0.00,71.54,-0.05,179.95,-999,-999,-999*39
$RC3,332196.0,, 0.00, 0.000,-1.00, 0.02,0.12,-0.02,16441,-999,83.87,1317,27.37,0.00,0.00,1789,0.00,1.00,0.00,71.54,-0.05,179.95,-999,-999,-999*07
$RC3,332196.2,,-0.00,-0.000,-1.01,0.00, 0.08,-0.01,16413,-999,84.16,1317,27.47,0.00,0.00,1789,0.00,1.00,0.00,71.54,-0.05,179.95,-999,-999,-999*01
$RC3,332196.4,, 0.00,-0.000,-1.00,-0.03, 0.01,0.00,11327,-999,83.87,1317,27.37,0.00,0.00,1768,0.00,1.00,0.00,71.54,-0.05,179.95,-999,-999,-999*00
$RC3,332196.6,,-0.000,-0.00,-1.00,-0.05, 0.08,-0.00,16201,-999,84.07,1317,27.47,0.00,0.00,1735,0.00,1.00,0.00,71.54,-0.05,179.96,-999,-999,-999*2C
$RC3,332196.8,, 0.00,0.00,-1.01,-0.05,0.14, 0.01,16446,-999,15.25,1317,78.01,0.00,0.00,1735,0.00,0.00,0.00,71.54, -0.0,179.96,-999,-999,-999*03
$RC3,332197.0,, 0.00, 0.00,-1.01,-0.06, 0.06,-0.04,16413,-999,15.25,1317,78.01,0.00,0.00,1735,0.00,0.00,0.00,71.54, -0.0,179.96,-999,-999,-999*22
$RC3,332197.2,,0.00, 0.00,-1.01,-0.01, 0.06,-0.04,16413,-999,15.35,1317,78.01,0.00,0.00,1735,0.00,0.00,0.00,71.54,-0.06,179.95,-999,-999,-999*33
$RC3,332197.4,, 0.00, 0.00,-1.00, 0.06, 0.08, 0.01,16441,-999,15.35,1317,78.20,0.00,0.00,1789,0.00,0.00,0.00,71.54,-0.06,179.95,-999,-999,-999*1B
$RC3,332197.6,, 0.00,-0.00,-1.00,-0.04, 0.07,-0.02,16174,-999,15.25,1317,78.01,0.00,0.00,1768,0.00,0.00,0.00,71.54,-0.06,179.95,-999,-999,-999*14


I have an Arduino outputting data to emulate the outputs of my motorcycle. The data is:
$RC3,[time],[count],[xacc],[yacc],[zacc],[gyrox],[gyroy],[gyroz],[rpm] , , [tps],[front_speed],[front_susp],[front_brake],[front_temp],[rear_speed],[rear_susp],[rear_brake],[rear_temp],[yaw],[pitch],[roll],[a13],[a14],[a15]*checksum

Some sensors are reading 0 and I put the empty ones to -999 so I knew what I was looking at. The details screen in RC shows the GPS Receiver information and shows it update rate (50Hz) and data rate around 60 kbit/s. For the Data Logger it shows 58kbit/s but the bar always shows 'Waiting for data...'

When I export the CSV file there is no data from the $RC3 lines.

Thoughts?
Thanks, jeff

Comments

  • aolaol
    edited January 24
    Hi,

    Once the format looks OK, and the format is verified, I can run it through my debugger. But first couple of issues:

    1) The time stamp needs to be in NMEA 0183 format. Also if you run at 50 Hz, you need more than one decimal.

    2) Do not use spaces in front of numbers

    3) If you run with timestamp instead of the count field, you need to have NMEA $GPxxx sentences mixed with the data, and use "RaceDac with GPS" option. If you want to test without the GPS, use the running count field instead of the timestamp.

    Check format from http://www.racechrono.com/forum/#/discussion/comment/8452
  • aolaol
    edited January 24
    Also check the device status screen for gauges (green/red button at bottom left corner) while recording. The gauges will show you readings even when no GPS lock.
  • Perfect, thanks. I didn't know if I would see gauges or not.

    I am sending GPS over another channel from the same logger so I thought I could do without the count as RC would merge the 2 streams. To get best timing I probably want to move into 1 stream. I'll have to rework my logic as right now I manage the GPS input and output per character where as I generate full lines of $RC3.

    Have some code to change and optimize...

    Thanks, Jeff
Sign In or Register to comment.