Exporting noninterpolated data

Hi,
is it possible to export data from RC without interpolation?
When I log enum like signal contaning integer only values (1,10,128,192....) then after exporting session to .VBO or whatever .CSV (v1,v2,v3) i get floating point values that are not meaningful (like 123.652....). I would need to preserve integer values not interpolated. How to do that?

I use this equation to extract signal from OBD message: bytesToUint(raw,14,1)

Thanks
Masa

Comments

• Hmm, I don't think it's possible.

As a workaround, you could check if there's two consecutive values are the same, then you can be sure they are not interpolated.

Any reason you have the channel as encoded byte, instead of each of the individual bit components as a channel? State changes for example between 1 => 0 => 1 would be make more sense when interpolated.
  • OK,
    I understand. I would extract bit values from byte as individual signals in RC.

The reason having one byte value is simplicity of signal definition in RC and log size reduction. Individual bit states can be restored in postprocessing the log file afterwards in our application.
  • OK, I think this is sort of edge use case. I hope my proposed workaround is doable in your own app.
  • +1 to allow disabling interpolation for some channels.
    IMO channels such a "Gear", "Digital 123", etc. should never be interpolated.