Android 13/14 Random GPS disconnects

Hello,

I've been using this app for years and consistently have issues when Android comes out with a new version due to the battery management settings being reset, however, this time I don't know what's up. I'm on Android 14 now, but was also having issues with Android 13.

Once I had to replace my Garmin Glo 2 as something was loose inside rattling around. That fixed the issue that time, however, now this is happening to both my Dad and I. We have our own Glo 2 devices but the exact same phone (OnePlus 8T).

First off in settings:
Optimize: "Don't Optimize"
App Permissions - Location - "Allowed all the time" - No permissions are denied

Other things I've tried:
Have tried in "High performance mode" vs regular - no difference
Reset the Glo devices by holding down power for 20 seconds.
The "Advanced setting" in Racechrono is NOT selected...might this help?

What's interesting is that I can start racechrono and connect and it works in the paddock. I have left it on for a good 45 minutes and the signal is working great then I head out and within a couple of seconds to a few minutes it randomly disconnects. Note that the refresh rate starts at around 10Hz then i've watchd it settle down to 7Hz. Basically I return to the pits and the blue light is on steady and racechrono says it's waiting for connection.

This is leading me to think that it is possibly an issue with the Garmin Glo 2 devices. BUT it's very interesting that it's happening to both our devices at the same time which is why I'm hesitant to replace the Glo units until I'm sure it's them.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Comments

• Update: tried using internal GPS and having the same issues so it's not my GLO.

Any new settings for Android 13/14 that need to be set or is this specific to my phone? OnePlus 8T. Worked flawlessly before.

• Update 2: Dug out an older phone and it was working great for the first couple sessions, then I transferred my data and ended up getting issues. I don't think it had anything to do with transferring my data. I firmly believe that both Glo units are dead from vibration. One of them within the year.

I've ordered 2 more to test and will update incase others are having random issues like this. If it is the issue then I'll have to make a rubber isolation mount to protect it, assuming it's due to vibrations on the motorcycle.
  • It was definitely the units. Replaced and works great again. I'm on my third and my dad's on his second. Thinking a vibration issue or overheated possibly. Was crazy how it happened at the same time.