If you're buying an Android phone to use with RaceChrono, you can ask here how it works. Also if you have enough experience on a phone to recommend it to be used wit RaceChrono, please do!
- Samsung Google Galaxy S (Android 2.3.6, 4.0 and 4.1)
- Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0 and 4.1)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.0 and 4.1)
- Asus Google Nexus 7 (Android 4.2)
- QSTARZ BT-818X (5 Hz)
- Garmin GLO (10 Hz GPS / GLONASS receiver), works well with Android 2.3, 4.0 and 4.1. Also 4.3 works but needs RaceChrono v2.43 or newer. The device has slight update rate problem when used with Android, the update rate in reality fluctuates between 5-10 Hz.
- Dual XGPS 160, so far seems to work perfectly, steady 10 Hz and locks to 20 satellites (GPS + GLONASS)
Works mostly fine but some problems:
- QSTARZ BT-818XT (10 Hz), frequency problems on some phones. If having such problems, switch to 1 Hz so RaceChrono will use the device as 5 Hz.
- ZTE Blade mk1 (with Android 2.1), Bluetooth hangs regularly, so using Bluetooth GPS is not an option with this phone. This is a hardware/firmware problem, nothing I can do.