Heart rate sensor support

edited February 2014 in RaceChrono for Android
I guess it's a weird request, but I still want to try: Would it be possible to add support for heart rate sensors? I use Racechrono on my enduro/MX bike and on my kart. I am 40+ years of age and in both sports my fysical fitness becomes the bottleneck after some laps.

With the support for Bluetooth 4 heart rate sensors in Android I was thinking of buying one. But... could you build in the necessary functionality?

Maurice

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Hi Maurice, it is a good idea. Added to my list. Wondering which HRM sensor to support, there is quite many?
  • I have not looked at standards yet, but looking at the market, BLE (Bluetooth 4.0) seems the way to go.

BTW: I bought a cheap Samsung phone with claimed Bluetooth 4.0 support to already test/pilot what's on the market in cycling apps. But BLE requires Android 4.3 and up, and Samsung does not provide an updated ROM to support it.
    Dirty marketeers!
  • Our company is building heart rate monitor chest straps and I'd say BLE is definitely a way to go here. I'd like to see this feature as well. There's a standard profile on BT 4.0 for HR. Should be pretty straightforward to implement on Android with BLE.
  • Any news or progress on that subject? Actually i use the SWR12 from Sony and the Polar H7.