Import GPS Data

Hi guys, I have a few questions I am hoping to get help with.

1. I race motocross so carrying a phone is out of the question. What I am looking for is post-race & practice session lap analysis. What I want to do is carry a gps logger such as QStarz BT-Q1000eX 10Hz and at the end of the session import the gps file into Racechrono. I used to use the Racechrono Windows version and I know there was a method to do this but after playing around with the Android version I am unable to determine a method to do this. Is this still possible?

2. Does anyone have experience with the QStarz BT-Q1000eX 10Hz gps logger performance? I have read the forums and I noticed that both the Dual XGPS160 and the Garmin GLO are highly rated for their high frequency and GPS & GLONASS compatibility. From my understanding the DUAL XGPS160 doesn't export a full set of logs data (speed, altitude, time etc) and the Garmin GLO is strictly an antenna with no logging capability.

Comments

• Any updates on this? I am looking to do the same with my bt-1000ex. I would like to view my session data on my phone between sessions.
  • edited March 2016
    QStarz BT-Q1000eX is supported through real time Bluetooth connection, but RaceChrono does not have functionality to support the build-in data logging feature of this receiver. So you cannot easily use the GPS receiver standalone. But if you bring your phone, then it works perfectly.
  • I use a cheap Samsung G130 Galaxy Young 2 for this, a 60 Euro 3.5 inch budget smartphone with GPS and Glonass receipt. I mounted it in the barpad/chinpad on my KTM (oversize handlebars, no crossbar). So I can even see my laptimes during the session.
    No 10Hz support, but if you read this forum, the accuracy "loss" is not that big.