Import sessions from another device - Data is different?

edited September 2014 in RaceChrono for Android
Long time user of this awesome application, the times are always very accurate compared to official timing at our track days.

I use an older HTC device for recording my sessions as it has a decent internal GPS and then usually copy the session folder to my Nexus (rubbish internal GPS) which I use every day to just look at the data. However on my latest session, when I do that, the lap data changes on refresh like it isn't recognising the track correctly. Same thing happens if I export as RCZ and load it on the new device.

The source data shows 35 laps, the imported data is listed as 33 laps. I guess it is interpreting something different or wrong. I have never seen this before. Any idea on what to do in this case? I can provide the data if that helps?

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Check first that the track used is exactly the same in both phones. If the finish line is slightly different location, or narrower, then there could be this 33-35 lap change. If you're using track from the Track Library, notice the tracks sometimes change. I may fix the size and location of start line retroactively on an existing track. If you want to update the track you have, you need to remove it first, and then download it again from the library.

Also check where the laps are lost. Are they lost at beginning, end or middle of the session?

The data itself should not change (unless there is a new bug), but the laps are recalculated every time the session is opened.
  • Track was added via the official library on both devices and saved to "My tracks". Just comparing the track on both phones I can see the difference now that you mention it. Start/Finish was different 159.6deg, 50m vs 159.0deg, 75m, all splits the same.

Removed track on Nexus, opened an old session and data was still ok, it automatically re-populated the track data. I assume from the cloud?
    Imported new session from old HTC device, data matches all ok.

Thanks aol. I think it's about time I upgraded to Pro. Don't need the features but great app and support to match is worth the donation! Looking forward to being able to compare different sessions.
  • Yes, it automatically downloads the track if it's missing from "My RaceChrono" cloud. Thank you for supporting RaceChrono!