Problem on Huawey G7 and Samsung TAB4

Dear all, I've buyed the PRO version of Racechrono 4.2.5, but I have problem synchronizing video and acquired data.
During the process I don't have sound of video from device (outside of Racechrono program the video was good) and after processing, don't export the data in .mp4. Just csv data .
The problem it's the incompatibility with mine devices!? Thank you for your kindly answer.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Are you synchronising video from an external Action Camera? Which model?

Some (relatively rare?) action cameras produce video that has audio track that is incompatible with Android phones. This means the audio is not played back by the devices own video player, and therefore the audio cannot be played back in RaceChrono either. Notice RaceChrono uses the standard media player of Android.

There's a fix coming for next beta, that audio track can be unsupported by the device, but video export will still work. Unfortunately the audio will be missing from the exported video too.

A solution (albeit clumsy) would be to transcode the audio on the video so that it can be played back on the device. FFmpeg for example.

If you are using the video camera on the device itself, then the audio should be of course supported. Then there is something else wrong.
  • Thank you, I've solved : the problem it's the video type: MOV. I need to convert on MP4 to sync the data. Big effort to solve the problem. Thank you for your answer. Anyway, the difference between data and video it's too much, for sure the accuracy of external gps isn't enough.
  • edited September 2015
    Some cameras generate .MOV files do work, but some use audio codec that is unsupported in Android. AFAIK, Android devices usually support AAC codec, but not PCM. Most cameras nowadays record video in h.264 so the video codec is usually not the problem.
  • Yes, my camera (Qumox SJ4000) generate a .mov file, I need to convert to .mp4 then work well. Just the problem on GPS isn't so good, I need to fix it with a better external device. Thank you for your support