Standing start then 1.75 laps - can I get it to ignore the finish line on the first lap?

I'm doing a sprint this weekend at Lydden Hill, where we start at the paddock exit, do 1.75 laps and finish near the top hairpin (i.e. the finishing line is not in its normal place). I'm happy moving the finish line but is there a way to get the timer not to stop there the first time I cross it?

Comments

• I tried putting the finish line only on one side of the track and then avoiding that side the first time I passed, but it didn't really work, as the GPS error meant that sometimes it counted me crossing the line anyway. So I ended up just using the normal (official) track file and accepting that I would have incomplete laps.
    When I make the video file I'll just leave out the lap times but keep the other data on the overlay.
  • aolaol
    edited July 20
    I've been aware of this problem for a number of years, but seems like this is Lydden Hill specific problem. It is a very unique track configuration they have there. While I'm willing to look for a solution for it, it's little bit difficult to think of a solution that would be useful for other users too.
  • There are a few different things about the setup, but in my head what would be needed is for the split/finish traps to have an option to count when I pass first time only, every time, every 2 times, 3 times, etc. So the standing start only counts once, and then depending on how the course is set you can choose how many times to pass the other traps before counting the 'lap' as finished. Of course I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement into the app...