Sector times

I just used the Windows mobile version yesterday on the track. Very nice product and the accuracy was excellent. Is it possible to create sectors on the track so that each time I pass through that sector the display tells me if I went faster or slower? Basically I'd like the same interface as the live timer with "best", "previous" and "current"; but for specific sections of the track. This way I could experiment with different lines, braking strategies etc and know immediately whether I've improved or not.

thanks

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Hi, thank you for the feature suggestion! There have been few requests for this, and I think this would be nice addition. So basically now it showing the "split time" (start line-to-split line), but you'd want it to show "sector time" (previous split-to-this split)?

I have to think how to implement it to the live timer. Not sure yet how, since at least there has to be full lap time too...
  • edited July 2009
    I was thinking more of a defined sector. Ie a separate start line at the beginning of a turn and a finish line at the end of the turn. However your suggestion of timing the "previous split to this split" would be fine as long as the current time stayed on screen long enough before starting to count to the next split. Maybe just leave the current time static and overwrite it when the next split is reached.

Another very useful practice tool would be the speed at the split points. That would tell me if I was exiting a corner faster and going deeper before braking.

For me, the current method of posting cumulative split times is not very useful because after a few turns I can't differentiate which actions were responsible for the decrease (or increase) in times. The real training opportunity would come from instant feedback.

thanks
  • edited July 2009
    The "previous split to this split" might be easy to implement... Maybe the split speed would be doable as well. Thanks for the ideas!
  • Hi....Just wondering if this feature will be available soon. I really think it would be a great feature! Lots of people I talk to at the track agree. thanks
  • edited December 2009
    I totally agree with you about the need for this feature. It probably would improve my driving :)

I'm currently not implementing new features right now, as I try to fix as many bugs as possible before officially Symbian Signing a new version. But when I get that stuff done (probably early next year), this will be one of the first new features to be implemented, and included in the betas after official version 1.40 is released.
  • Good news! Hopefully there will be a Windows version (even beta) before April which is when my season starts. Thanks.
  • edited December 2009
    Yep, I think it should be out even before that. For all platforms. Season starts around March in Italy, so it's good to have new beta before that, as big part of RaceChrono users are from there.
  • Great! Thanks.