Racechoro Used for Racing

Make sure to watch in HD

you can really see the difference between the 1Hz and the 5Hz GPS units (number 228 had 1Hz unit on him)

More to come.

Comments

• What settings/parts for the other numbers?
  • edited July 2009
    I used 4 sets of Phones/PDA's
    Motorolla Q + Qstarz BT-Q818X
    Palm Treo 755p + Qstarz BT-Q818X
    Nokia e61i + Qstarz BT-Q818X
    Dell Axim x50 + Holux 236

exported the data with all the lap and overlayed it onto video
  • Wow that's amazing! Can't wait to see more!

I think the light blue rider is having problem with Bluetooth connection, the data seems sporadic.
  • Oh, and the video quality is perfect! What is your video setup?
  • There were a few different brands of cameras used, you'll see in the final video.
    The one you are seeing in this video is the ContourHD by VholdR.
  • Wow! I'm impressed! You have managed many things I haven't got a clue about how to do. If you don't mind:

How did you make the background of the dashboard transparent?

How did you manage to get the track figure to look so nice?

How did you manage to get the background of the track figure transparent?

How did you manage to change the lead text like 'CUR LAP' - it's not like the one supplied with RaceChrono2AVI, is it?

And the dots on the track figure indicating each driver - how did you change the form of each dot?

Or did you use another software than RaceChrono2AVI to generate the dashboard?

I'd appreciate very much if you could share some of your 'secrets' with us.

Thank you.

Regards
    Ole Knut
  • edited October 2009
    oktrg600: He's not using RaceChrono2AVI for the video, he's using commercial software called DashWare by ChaseCam ... It's very cool software but I believe RaceChrono2AVI can be made as good, but not without tweaks and programming by the author Ledogme. :)
  • Ah - so I suspected. I have no doubt RaceChrono2AVI can be at least as good. I guess I just will have to keep the fingers crossed for a new release with new features. Thanks.