Importing to Racerender

I recently used a Racebox Mini as my GPS, not sure if that is the cause, but when I export and then import into RaceRender. I cannot seem to get the gauges working. I exported as RaceRender/Dashware/csv but it's just a battle of frustration. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem? I think my problem is RR isn't recognizing the input. I thought of manually altering the csv file. Has anyone done it that way? Can you I just break it all apart and have a csv file for each gauge?

Comments

• edited February 2023
    Have you asked help from RaceRender support?
  • I have not. I posted once a while back and never received a reply..I felt that this forum and yourself, are more attentive.

• @DavidHF unfortunately I'm no help with RaceRender
  • I looked at the cvs files from TA and RC and the headers have different titles, and some fields are missing. I noticed that the RaceBox Mini reports speed as meters per second. I do not know if this is the cause. I tried to match the titles but that didn't seem to work.
  • I have it working! I'm not sure what I changed to make it work. I found somewhere in the RR documentation that there's a label that should be present for Race Render to recognize the data. The other thing was that Race Render has a sample of what the file should look like. I altered the RaceChrono export to fit the column headers exactly and the columns in the order of that sample. In any case it worked!
  • edited February 2023
    Mind sharing the edited .csv (that worked), and the session itself as .rcz file with me? Please email to tracks(at)racechrono.com .
  • yes, I will..when I get off from work..
  • I'm pretty active on the RaceRender forums, but not as active here... Glad you resolved your issues though!

I've put together an Angular UI here that parses out individual laps and performs conversions from metric to imperial values: https://github.com/dmcfarl/racerender-formatter/tree/prerelease That would require knowing a bit about setting up Angular apps and such. I'm hoping to find some time to get it deployed to an AWS instance at some point, but I haven't really gotten around to that just yet.

The conversions/rounding of a few fields as well as adding the "# RaceRender Data" first line, and a few "# Lap 0: 00:00:15.905" lines (or equivalent) are about all that I've needed to do to get a RaceChrono export to work in RaceRender. I do a little extra work to parse out individual laps/sessions and ensure that the start of my data file is consistently about 15 seconds from the start of the first lap, but otherwise the RaceChrono export plays very nicely with RaceRender as-is.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions on imports into RaceRender. I've personally found the official RaceRender support to be...lacking...but it's customizable enough that I can answer ~75% of most questions on their forum with some knowledge on creating custom Display Objects.
  • I'm not sure if I am doing as efficiently as possible, but I just change things in Excel and got it working.
  • edited August 2023
    We will fix the RaceRender support in the not-so-distant future, so manual work will no longer be needed.