gopro import - anyway to import it quicker than via wifi?

Hello,

Love the racechrono app and have been using it for some time now. I was curious to know if there was a quicker way to import the gopro videos into racechrono quicker than via wifi. Maybe I can connect a sdcard to lightning port reader? Will racechrono be able to sync and link the files properly just like when it connects to the gopro via wifi?

Thanks!

Comments

• So looks like I can see all the files with the sdcard to lightning port reader just fine. Where do I upload the videos so that I can have racechrono find it? Can i see the app directory from the Files app?
  • Use the "File browser" option in RaceChrono's import screen, and import them as "Raw video files".
  • Ah, ok, I see that. Once I copy them to the phone storage, do I have to add and link them manually or will racechrono automatically find the right files to link to the session like how it does it now when connected via wifi to the gopro?
  • edited March 21
    If you connect once to Wi-Fi it will resolve the file names, no matter how the files are actually copied over.

If you don't want to connect to Wi-Fi, nor use the the remote control feature at all, you can just link the files using the "Automatic synchronization" feature that uses the GPS data from the files to sync them.
  • Ok, great. So looks like I have 2 options:

1. Connect to wifi to resolve filenames for each session. Then copy over files manually.
    2. Copy over all the files and then do automatic sync and it will resolve the filenames

These all sound much better than waiting for the wifi transfer, thanks!