While RaceChrono cannot connect to the GoPro’s GPS while “live recording”, you can import the data embedded in to the video files afterwards. You’ll only need a GoPro that has a build-in GPS.
- Record a video of your session using your GoPro. Make sure the GoPro’s built-in GPS is turned on. You will not need RaceChrono before the next step. You can leave your phone at the pits!
- After recording the your session using your GoPro camera, open the Import screen by selecting “RaceChrono > top menu > Import”.
- Add the files to import from your chosen media. Easiest way might be to use a memory card reader to import the files directly from your GoPro memory card, but a cloud service such as iCloud or Google Drive will work just fine as well. Make sure to add all the video files related to the session at this point.
- Select “GoPro sensor data” as the import format.
- Press “Start”.
- A session is created with the video files linked to it.
- You can now analyse and export the session just like any other session.